Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Report Returns? Where We Are Going From Here ...

More than a month has passed since I last wrote to the Rentz Racing Report, and, admittedly, life has been happening while I have been making other plans. Marriage is first and foremost my concern, considering I wasn't married when the R-cubed began, but now I am a married man with a wife at home and a full-time job requiring greater responsibilities of me now than two months ago.

I could continue giving reasons (or excuses) why the Report isn't current or updated; however, I really don't see the point in giving the multitude of explanations. Plain and simple, weekly updates of this journal are not unrealistic, and I have been lax about keeping my information current. With additional summer "vacations" planned over the upcoming weeks, I owe my readers some firsthand information I can provide from my race track trips.

Some "past" and "upcoming" information that could have been posted already includes:
- Kasey Kahne's rise to the top of the NASCAR Nextel Cup circuit
- Tony Stewart's injury(ies) sustained at Charlotte during the Busch and Cup races on Memorial Day Weekend
- The fall of Jeff Gordon as a dominant NASCAR Cup driver
- The reemergence of Dale Earnhardt Jr. as a Chase-contending driver
- Matt Kenseth / Roush Racing consistency
- Jimmie Johnson - King of NASCAR?!?
- The Coca-Cola 600 race (at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, which I attended with my wife and my parents)
- The upcoming Daytona race (Pepsi 400, fka the Firecracker 400) over Independence Day weekend (July 2nd)
- The Race to the Chase: Contenders and Pretenders
- And much, much more ...

I am also proud to (re-)announce that I am the Cincinnati, OH, Local Chapter President for the Official NASCAR Members Club (LC 452381), which began in mid-to-late April. The chapter website is located at:
http://onmcchapter.com/index.php?uname=452381&select_state=OH

Separately, I run my general sports website at:
http://clubhouseconnection.net
This site houses a variety of content, most exclusively the sole provider for the "Soul Patrol" CD (downloadable mp3 files by purchase) published by baseball rock artists Clubhouse for our website of Clubhouse Connection. The NASCAR special section co-links the ONMC Chapter site noted above with the NASCAR.com sign-up page that includes my special ID # for referral purposes and to be included as a potential member of my chapter (regardless if you live near Cincinnati, OH, or not).
http://clubhouseconnection.net/nascar/

This is a quick "hello again" and an equally quick "I must be off / goodbye" since time is of the essence. Please know that I haven't forgotten about my writing journals, and I hope to be back to twice-weekly publishing again very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David